Information Management Cycle Segment
Assess Your Current Information Environment
Our work begins with a series of discussions with people in your organization. Those discussions will enable us to
- Identify the kinds of information you currently collect and how they are related to your goals.
- Create a description of your existing information management tools, and procedures:
- How you acquire information
- How and where you record and store information, when, where, and how you archive it
- Why you need each kind of information, what you do with it
- Information management and workflow related aspects of your environment and culture (e.g., do people work from home, office, both?) will be noted so that the resulting system will be closely aligned with real-world needs and constraints.
- Identify the strengths of your current process as well as existing and anticipated unmet needs
Information By Design will use this information to create a detailed proposal for changes that will retain the strengths of your current process and address unmet needs. The proposal will recommend technology and methods that we think will best serve your needs.
When you accept the proposal we move on to Specification and Development
Information management practices that get you closer to your goals
are the result of a continuing cycle of assessment and improvement.
Information By Design will work with you every step of the way.
Other Cycle Segments:
Specification and Development
Implementation and Launch
About Information By Design
Services Outside the Cycle
Information Management Services Cycle
Go To Development!